Attended the Young Women in Excellence Breakfast this morning! So honored to be invited and featured in their presentation. Met so many strong women this morning! Thank you so much to Youth Villages for hosting- your services help me on a daily basis. Great to learn more about the intensive, family based treatment they offer to me and so many others. Great start to the morning, I was in awe of all the inspiring stories, philosophies and novels. I am so grateful to have had this oppurtunity to make new connections, be inspired, and spread the word! Truly so many excellent women- and men:)
Lucky to have such great supports through this process:)
So grateful to connect with First Lady of the Commonwealth, Mrs. Baker! She and I met months ago in connection with Project 351 and her own nonprofit Wonderfund: two amazing organizations for youth.
Honored to sit alongside you as young people that have suffered greatly but have found the support they needed from Youth Villages. Darilyn, beyond amazed by you, your story, and your progress.
Without you, I wouldn’t be here today, thanks for inspiring me day in and day out.
What a great day!! SO lucky to have had the oppurtunity to come and start the first official chapter of 13 Reasons to Fly at Worcester’s Continuing Care Units! I have never met a more supportive and welcoming group of staff, residents, and families. Thank you so much to Caroline McGrath, Jen and the whole team at CCU, this day was amazing because of you guys! Great to hear peoples reasons and feedback! Our journey and work has officially begun! First step into spreading the message(: Spent the day with some pretty amazing people!
If you went today but didn’t get a tshirt or even if you weren’t there and would like a tshirt I have set up a group order form!! Thank you in advance!
If you’d like to be the next program 13 Reasons to Fly comes to feel free to reachout (firstname.lastname@example.org)! We want to spread our message to as many people that are willing to hear it!
Super excited!! Had an absolutely amazing time at the Building Bridges Initiative Conference. I am so grateful to have had this oppurtunity to speak on behalf of youth receiving residential services. I met so many great people doing great work.. keep it up!!! I also am so thankful to everyone who talked to me or wrote down their information ( I tried emailing those I could but please reach out if I haven’t done so already! ) Can’t wait to bring this thing nation wide- or to your program/ school!
Overall a great day, thank you to Beth Caldwell, Janice Label, Bryan Lary and many more!
I am so excited to announce 13 Reasons to Fly is now a registered Non-profit!!! (thanks to the help of a friend, Mr. Kimera). We are so grateful for his help as well as all the support from everyone! This is a big step in our journey but the work still needs to be done! Now we just have more means to do it!
As many of you know, Thirteen Reasons Why has inflamed a lot of growing controversy surrounding mental illness. People in our society tend to tip toe around mental health issues and stigmatize it as well. It is time to fight back against this glorification and stigma. Join the fight by following the 13 reasons to fly shown below!! Instead of giving thirteen reasons to die, we promote 13 reasons to fly, choose life and hold on to hope!
- Even if everyone else has left you, I am going to stay. I love you and I care.
- Opportunity awaits! There are so many chances in life waiting to be taken.
- There is so much time to make changes. You never know what your life will look like in a few years.
- It’s time to try new things. Your passion is out there!! It just is up to you to put yourself out there.
- You are going to impact and change other people for the better. You will inspire them, befriend them and love them. Believe it or not, they can have that affect on you too.
- Your cells and your body are fighting for you. Don’t leave them behind!
- You are loved. Whether you believe it or not, people care about you and love you. People would be sad if anything happened to you.
- It gets better. Nothing is fixed overnight but overtime this situation will get easier.
- You are bigger than what you’re going through. There is so much more to you than this struggle you are facing. You are more than your illness- you are beautiful.
- You are not weak. For acknowledging you are struggling, you are so incredibly strong. It is okay to not be okay.
- Everything happens for a reason. You may not be able to see it now but one day, you will look back and understand. All this sadness will amount to something positive in the future.
- You are a work In progress. Everchanging and evolving, you are beautiful and imperfect.
- You are enough. No matter what you may think or what you have been told in the past, you matter. You as a person belong on this earth and are important to so many people.
You are a beautiful person that deserves your own love and affection. Join us on the journey to share 13 Reasons to Fly with the world!:)